District Leadership Team (DLT) Vision & Mission
Community School District 26 is committed to providing all children with an environment that fosters excellence in education and active participation in a 21st century global community. A strong work ethic, perseverance and team work accompanied by interpersonal relationship skills will be encouraged. In partnership with families, staff members and community, District 26 is dedicated to instilling the highest standards of critical thinking and inspiring children to explore, achieve and excel.
District Leadership Team Members
- Danielle Giunta, Community superintendent (or designee)
- Sam Sochet, Principal of Martin Van Buren High School, High school superintendent(s) responsible for high schools that are geographically located within the district (or designee(s))
- Jeffrey Slivko, CSA representative
- Mary Vaccaro, UFT representative (Pre-K-8)
- Dino Sfrezza, UFT representative (High Schools)
- Domenic Renzi, DC 37 representative
- Cathy Grodsky, President of the District Presidents’ Council (or designee)
- Nancy Northrop, President of the Borough High School Presidents’ Council (or designee)
- Alan Ong, Community District Education Council (CDEC)
District Parent Involvement Policy
In the Spring of 2016, our District Leadership Team worked in collaboration with district technology teachers, the Queens North Field Support Center, and Jason Levy from the Division of Instruction and Information Technology to create our vision for technology in District 26, as well as how we are working to embed computer science skills across all disciplines as we work to meet the Mayoral "Equity and Excellence" initiative of providing Computer Science 4 All. District teachers are supported during our year long professional learning series.