NYC Schools Account
With an NYC Schools Account you will be able to access key information about your child's progress in school, including attendance, report card grades, assessments, general student information, and academic schedule in one of ten languages on a computer, phone or tablet.
Register for an Account in Person or Online
To set up an account, you must be your child's parent or legal guardian and live at the same address as he or she. If you have more than one child attending an NYC public school, you can link all of them to the same NYC Schools Account. You can register for a NYC Schools Account in two ways:
- Use the NYC Schools Account Creation Code provided in the letter from your school; OR
- Visit your child's school in person to receive a temporary password.
To register in person:
Visit your child's school or schedule an appointment at the district office (718-631-6982) to create an account. When setting up an account, be sure to bring:
- A valid photo ID:
- Driver’s license, State ID, or permit;
- Your child's 9-digit NYC student ID number (you can find this on your child's academic records, including a report card). If you do not have your child’s ID number, ask your school.
- A valid email address . Register for a free email address using Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo.
To register online:
You may also register online for a NYC Schools account without visiting your school. You will need your child's unique NYC Schools Account Creation Code, which you received in a letter from your school, and your child’s 9-digit student ID number in order to create an NYC Schools Account or to add additional children to your existing account. For additional information and step-by-step instructions, see below.
Signing into Your NYC Schools Account
Sign into your NYC Schools Account from a computer, phone, or tablet by visiting https://mystudent.nyc.
If you created your account in person, enter your email address and temporary password on the NYC Schools login page. Follow the directions printed on your "NYC Schools Account Confirmation Receipt", which will walk you through the account set up process. Resources
- Below you will find an overview of your NYC Schools Account, including sign-on instructions and FAQ. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact your child's school.
NYC Schools Account Parent Flyer